Competition season is fast approaching and I have two daughters performing pointe solos in Chicago in just 4 weeks. In a major cost-cutting effort, I put together their solo costumes each year. A good, simple tutu/bodice can run $400 and up, and that’s before any embellishments. To help other moms, trying to save a bit in the costume department, I started recording the process for each of our dance costumes.
Right now I am working on Flames of Paris for Max, and the Coppelia wedding solo for Isabel. I’ve made lots of progress on the tutu for Flames of Paris, so I’ll probably switch gears this week and start getting busy on Coppelia. Either way, they’ve both got to be finished in the next couple of weeks.