Homeschool Goodies has been nominated for a Sheenazing Blogger Award in the category of “Best Lifestyle Blog” as in tips on celebrating liturgical season and feast days, decorating the home, cooking, dressing, raising good kids.
The Sheenazing Blogger Awards are named for Venerable Fulton J. Sheen – who was amazing when it came to using the newest forms of media to share Christ with the world. You can vote for one blog/blogger per category. Voting closes Thursday at 6pm cst.
I am in very good company and stiff competition. I would certainly appreciate your vote, but really I am happy simply to have been nominated.
If you do vote, please take some time to check out A Knotted Life, the gracious hostess of this contest. Bonnie has a very fun blog and an amazing and miraculous story to tell.
I’ve been called lots of things, but I don’t think I have ever been called a Versatile Blogger. Mahalo to Esther of Prayers for Our Pets and A Catholic Mom in Hawaii for presenting me with this award, especially as I have been such a bad blogger of late.
If you have not visited Prayers for Our Pets, please do. It’s a wonderful site where pet owners can post prayer requests for sick or lost pets. Remember, our pets need prayers too!
With this award comes some rules. I have to post 7 random things about me. Because the award came from Prayers for Our Pets, and I am an animal lover, I will keep the pet theme going and focus on things that are animal related. I also get to pass this award on to 7 other wonderful bloggers!
7 Random Things About Yours Truly:
1. I have never been without at least one pet, often times many, many more than one.
2. Cats are my favorite animal — we have one. When we first got married, my husband and I had 15 cats.
3. We currently have 11 pets — that is an all time low!
4. Herps have incredible personalities and are more lovable than you would think.
5. I believe animals teach children many things and no home should be without at least one pet.
6. I love my pets dearly, but they are not people.
7. As soon as the weather cooperates, I’m heading to the zoo.
The Award goes to:
1. Vee @ Paper Dali
2. Mama Erika @ Raising Little Saints
3. Lena @ Joyfilled Family
4. Gardenia @ My Little Flower
5. Jenn @ Family in Feast and Feria
6. Lacy @ Catholic Icing
7. Cheryl @ Diary of a Sower
I just discovered this morning that I’ve been listed by Raising (& Teaching) Little Saints as a Lovely Blog! The blog has several contributors, so thank you to Erika, Christina, and Kristy.
Check out their lovely blog which focuses on homeschooling and the liturgical year, and don’t miss their Lovely Blogs list. I am in very good company!
What a surprise to come home, after a long day at our homeschool co-op, to find this beautifully decorated and customized envelope in the mail. I had no idea what Lena at JOYFilled Family could be sending me. I opened the bright envelope to find a sweet card from Lena, Saint Louis Marie de Montfort’s Total Consecration to Mary booklet, and a small sewn mystery bundle.
I opened the adorable little sewn bundle, which, by the way, is such a cool idea, and found an Our Lady of Guadalupe tile necklace. I remember now! A few months ago, I won JOYFilled Family’s Marian giveaway: a beautiful custom tile necklace featuring the Lady of our choice. I told Lena to surprise me, and she sure did!
Thanks, Lena for this lovely gift, your sweet note, and your wonderful blog.
Xhonane of Familia Catolica has honored me with the lovely Versatile Blogger Award. I can’t remember the last time I got an award. How fun!
There are 2 parts to this award. First, I am supposed to share seven things about myself:
1. I am not a “morning person.”
2. From where I am sitting right now, I can see 17 pets!
3. I love to shop at thrift stores.
4. New Orleans is my home town.
5. I love plastic containers. Any size, shape, or color and I often get them at thrift stores.
6. I have a really cool tiki bar.
7. My house could be cleaner.
Second, I am to pass the award on to other Versatile Bloggers:
Jessica @ Catholic Cuisine
Jenn @ Family in Feast and Feria
Joy Filled Family
Esther @ Prayers for Our Pets
Easter @ Mostly Prayers
Enjoy, ladies! And, thanks again Xhonane!
I’m very excited to have just found out that I won the First Communion story contest recently held at First Communion Stories! I really enjoyed being part of the contest and reading all the entries. Thanks!
We are happy to announce that Evann who wrote a post about the family traditions they have carried through with all six of their children for their First Communions. Evann gets a gift card and a free set of personalized holy cards from Aquinas and More.
Jamicd was our first runner-up with her wonderful story about receiving the sacraments later in life.
Since Aeternus and Lucy tied for votes, they will split the third gift certificate.
If you haven’t shared a story yet, why don’t you? These stories are inspirational to future First Communicants and great nostalgia for everyone else!
there’s the Lemonade Award!
Many thanks to Esther for this new award. We are in fine company since someone has also awarded this one to God
The lemonade award is given to 10 others who show good attitude (the good kind!) or gratitude.
Pass it on!
My ten for this award are:
1. Jean at Catholic Fire
2. Sarah at just another day of Catholic pondering
3. Colleen at Thoughts on Grace
4. Whimsy-Whimsy: Catholic Homeschool
5. Lyn F. at Organ-ic Chemist
6. Gracefull Girlhood
7. Ebeth at A Catholic Mom Climbing the Pillars
8. Wildflowers and Marbles
9. Colleen Hammond
10. Easter at A Tribute to Our Priests
Esther of A Catholic Mom in Hawaii, and now Easter of Mostly Prayers have graciously bestowed this honor on me. And, this is an honor . . .
The rules for this award are to display the icon and send it on to 7 other bloggers you feel are real in who they are.
I feel like the Velveteen Rabbit!
Born an Archduchess of Austria, Maria Antonia is better known as Queen Marie Antoinette of France. My oldest daughter is named Maria Antonia!
I now pass the honors on to the following 7 bloggers:
1. Sarah at Just Another Day of Catholic Pondering
2. Easter at Mostly Prayers
3. James at Real Life Rosary Weblog
4. Jenn at Family in Feast and Feria
5. Colleen at Footprints on the Fridge
6. Island Breezes
7. Suzanne at Priests in Crisis
Many thanks to Easter for this blog award!
If you have a blog that is listed in my sidebar, then this one is for you too!
Mahalo to Esther for giving me this new award.
This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his/her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values every day.
The rules to follow are :
1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person that has granted the award and his or her blog link.
2) Pass the award to other 15 blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment. Remember to contact each of them to let them know they have been chosen for this award. (Sorry, but I may not have the time to do this).
And the winners are:
Family in Feast and Feria
By Sun & Candlelight
The Curt Jester
Footprints on the Fridge
just another day of Catholic pondering
Matthew 12:37 – Blog by a God-Fearing Man
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
A Catholic View
St. Louis Catholic
†Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam†
What a thrill – my first blog award! Mahalo to Esther for bestowing this wonderful honor on me and my blog!
Now, because I love your blogs, I nominate the following bloggers for this award:
7: Easter (yes, again, this time for your priestly blog)
Don’t forget, winners, here are your rules:
* Display your award.
* Link back to the person who gave you the award.
* Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
* Put links to those blogs on your blog.
* Leave a message on the blogs of the people you’ve nominated.
* Enjoy your award!