Act of Consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
of St. Claude de la Colombiere
My adorable Redeemer, I give and consecrate myself totally to Thy Sacred Heart in the fullest and most complete way of which I am capable.
Nail me to Thy Cross by my Baptismal Promises, by the duties of my state of life and by my resolution to serve you always. I renew all these before heaven and earth in Thy Sacred Heart.
Thy holy service is for me an easy yoke and its bonds do not burden me. Moreover, I would desire to fasten even more closely its tight knots.
Therefore, I embrace the beloved cross of my vocation even unto death. It shall be all my delight, my pleasure, my glory. God forbid that I should glory, save in the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world is crucified to me, and I to the world. Thy poverty shall be my treasure; Thy sufferings my delight; Thy Person, my only love.
I will never abandon Thee, my Savior; I will unite myself intimately with Thee. I do not fear the narrow path of holiness, because Thou art my light and my strength.
I hope, therefore, O my Lord, that Thou will make me firm to resist all temptations and that Thou will make me victorious over all the enemies of my soul. Continue to stretch out Thy hand over me, and to bestow Thy favors upon me.
By Thy Blood, by Thy Wounds and by Thy Sacred Heart, I implore Thee, O adorable Jesus, by this act of consecration grant that I may become a new creation of Thy love. Amen.
Promises of the Sacred Heart
to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
2. I will establish peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their afflictions.
4. I will be their refuge during life and especially at the hour of death.
5. I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
9. I will bless the homes in which the image of my Sacred Heart shall be exposed and honored.
10. I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who propagate this devotion shall have their names written in my Heart, never to be effaced.
12. I promise, in the excessive mercy of my Heart, that its all powerful love will grant, to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of the month for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance. They shall not die in my displeasure, nor without receiving the sacraments, and my Heart shall be their safe refuge at that last hour.