Yeah, I know, my Links of the Month posts aren’t as regular, or timely, as they have been. I’ll try to be better this new year.
With the coming beatification of John Paul II here are some links that may be helpful to you and your homeschool students:
- Official statement from the Vatican: Benedict XVI will Beatify John Paul II on 1 May
- Cause for the Beatification and Canonization of The Servant of God John Paul II has a lovely biography, information on the Cause, testimonies, a live webcam of the tomb of JPII, and more. Please note: on my last visit the site was having some technical difficulties, so be patient.
- EWTN’s beautiful memorial mini site on The Pontificate of John Paul II which contains a section on his Cause.
- Pontificate of John Paul II is a very artistic Vatican site for the years 1978-2005.
So, how does one become a saint?
- Fr. William Saunders explains The Process of Becoming a Saint
- New Advent addresses Beatification and Canonization
- Even Dummies.com has a concise article on How to Become a Saint in the Catholic Church
And, for those waiting with crayons and scissors in hand:
- Familia Católica recently posted several very nice coloring pages of John Paul II.
And a few more:
- A very detailed, waving JPII
- With his crucifix
- This stained glass pattern makes a lovely coloring page
Helpful Homeschool Hints is a place to share great homeschooling tips, ideas, projects, or even just how to stay sane when things get busy. So, hop over to Many Little Blessings, host of this weekly link up, to join in the fun and see all the other great posts for this week!
oooo, can’t wait to check out those links. thanks. the coloring pages are beautiful, and thanks for the tip about Familia Catolica!!
Thank you for the link Evann!! Gardenia just told me!
You are most welcome, Xhonane! I was working on my post when yours came through my reader — perfect timing! Great minds think alike 🙂